The following instructions can be followed by teachers and Master Code Holders in the ConnectED program.
1. Login to your account on ConnectED.
2. Click the Import Students button found on the right-hand side of the page.
3. Select Download Student Template to download a pre-formatted copy of the student template. If prompted, save the file to the location of your choosing.
4. Complete the following fields on the spreadsheet
Note: All of the column headings must appear in the spreadsheet, but only columns marked “(required)” are mandatory for completion of this process. Please do not delete any of the columns from the spreadsheet or change the column titles. Changing this information will render the template invalid. The acceptable values for each field are as follows:
- Last Name (required): 1–50 characters. Only letters, spaces, apostrophes, and hyphens are allowed.
- First Name (required): 1–50 characters. Only letters, spaces, apostrophes, and hyphens are allowed.
- Note: The First and Last Name columns must contain 3 characters combined. For example, “Li, Y” is acceptable, but “L, Y” is not.
- Middle Initial: (optional) One letter
- Gender: (optional) M or F
- Grade Level: (recommended) One of the following: PK, K, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10,11, 12, NA
- Username: (optional) If using a customized username it must be unique to the McGraw-Hill Education's global database, not just your account. 3-20 Characters, must contain both letters and numbers, can contain the @ symbol but cannot use any other characters. Usernames are not case sensitive. NOTE: You may also leave this field blank, and the system will auto-generate usernames.
- Password: (recommended) Passwords must be between 6-16 characters containing at least 1 letter and 1 number (examples: password1, a12345). Passwords are case sensitive. NOTE: You may also leave this field blank, and the system will generate passwords.
- Redemption code: (recommended) Multiple redemption codes can be used in each template but only one code can be specified per student. Codes can be entered with or without dashes. NOTE: If you leave this field blank, teachers will have to assign the content to their students manually. ***see clarification below***
5. Once you have completed adding student information, save the completed file to a familiar location on your computer.
6. Select the account to which you wish to add the students from the Account drop-down menu. If you do not see this drop-down menu, please proceed to the next step.
7. Click the Browse button and select the completed copy of the template from your computer.
8. Select Check File for Errors. The systems will now check your file for any errors. If an error appears, you will be prompted to view the invalid data and correct the spreadsheet.
NOTE: These changes will need to be made locally, and a new, corrected copy of the spreadsheet will need to be uploaded (see step 2). If no errors appear, you will be notified to complete the upload.
*** Clarification - For a student who will have multiple books i.e. Science, History, Math (meaning they will have multiple redemption codes), leave this field blank. The teachers can assign their content after those students have been uploaded. For a student who will have only 1 book, you may key in the redemption code so this upload will:
1. Create their student account.
2. Load their account with the needed book.